24 February 2011

Mary Baskett came in to talk to our class today, to tell us all about her extensive collection of clothes by Japanese designers. To those who don't know, she has her own gallery in Cincinnati and is known for her collection of clothes by Japanese designers, lends her pieces out to museums for exhibitions, and recently took part in the JAPAN FASHION NOW exhibition at F.I.T. It was great learning more about Issey Miyake, Yohji Yamamoto, Rei Kawakubo, etc. She wore all Issey Miyaki A-POC (black turtleneck + green skirt, gloves, socks, and pocketbook), oh man so cute. I've never been so mad at myself though, I completely forgot she was coming in today, forgot my camera, and forgot to charge my iPhone last night (and it died right before class), so no photos of her or the pieces she brought from her collection. Sigh....

JAPAN FASHION NOW @ The Museum at FIT until April 2, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment