01 March 2011

John Galliano fired from Dior

After it turned out the allegations of him making racist and anti-semitic comments were pretty much proved to be true via a video obtained by UK's Sun, Galliano has been fired from Dior. Visit Vogue UK for all the details.

All I can say is how deeply disappointed I am in him. I just never thought someone who's done collections inspired by cultures around the world (not to mention hired Natalie Portman as a spokesperson for Miss Dior Cherie) could be so prejudiced and say such terrible things, especially about Jewish people. It's also sad because he's so talented. I was so looking foward to the fall show coming up and now because of this I don't think I will feature it on my blog.

I just really hope he gets the help he so desperately needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment