20 May 2011

Updates, and MAYBE a resolution....

So I called today, only to get stonewalled by that Chastity girl at Customer Care again. But thank goodness I e-mailed corporate, who I got a response from. FINALLY someone admitting that there was a mistake and apologizing:

"Dear Camille,

Thank you for your email below. We apologize for you having a negative experience recently with your online purchase. While we aim to always showcase our online products as accurately as possible there are occasional products that display differently online and which vary from one computer screen to the next. Spruce is a much deeper Forrest Green color. The color Khaki that is displayed on our website also has a greenish tint, especially on the heel portion. In some of your pictures the suede looks Khaki colored and in others it looks more Spruce colored, which seems to vary due to lighting. We do not offer Spruce for sale on our website – it seems in this case the factory made a mistake and shipped us the incorrect color, which is the shoe that you must have received. We apologize for this inconvenience and for not being able to detect this from your initial email.

We are absolutely willing to accept your return for a complete refund. Unfortunately we are completely sold out of the shoe you ordered in Khaki - size 37. Otherwise we would happily reship you a new pair at no cost to you. Please let us know how you would like to proceed. Our customer service team can assist you with a return label if you wish. We would also be happy to extend you 10% off of a future purchase for the inconvenience you have experienced.

Thank you for being a valued Alexander Wang customer. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards,
Lara

Alexander Wang Ecommerce Manager
386 BROADWAY 3RD FLOOR
NEW YORK, NY 10013
TELEPHONE 212 532 3103
ALEXANDER WANG"

My response:

"Lara,

I greatly appreciate your quick response. You and Colleen have by far given the best customer service I've experienced so far with Alexander Wang. I think you two could teach Customer Care how to better deal with customers, especially Chastity.

Yes I know the Spruce is a dark green. Yes the lighting is a little different due to how much my camera picks up on the cream color of my sofa, but in the photos and in person they are nowhere near that khaki color as displayed on the website, they are straight up green. The thing is that I use my Samsung tv as an external monitor, and a Toshiba laptop.. I've also viewed the site on an LG tv used as a monitor, Mac Powerbook G4, and my friends have Macbook Pros and one a Sony VAIO. All the people I've talked to about this agree that the shoe I got was very green and very different from the product photo. Our settings can't all be wrong. 

I'm appreciate that you have finally admitted a mistake on the part of whoever packed the box, or the factory that sent the shoes out. The small card included in the shoe says that there are variations and color, and I absolutely believe that the shoe I got is a variation on the spruce color, as it is nowhere near the khaki shoe displayed on the website or any other website that sells this shoe in khaki. 

It's very disappointing to hear that my color and size is sold out. Like I said I love the shoe design, so sending it back means I will not even have the shoe at all which is sad, because if I wanted to get it in black (a color I know is the same no matter what label) I would have to pay the other half of the shoe cost. 

As for how I would like to proceed: As much as I appreciate the 10% discount off a future order, frankly I don't want to have anything to do with the site anymore. Like I said I'd rather just order from other sites that sell AW/TbyAW that I feel more comfortable with. I just don't want to mingle with the possibility of a hassle like this ever happening again. If possible I would like to receive a partial discount on the shoes I have in my possession and have this be the end of my relationship with AlexanderWang.com. 

Thanks and if it's quicker just call me to talk about what to do next. Hope to hear from you very soon.

Camille (order #2001618)"

So we'll just have to see what happens. Hopefully I get a response within the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment