14 June 2011

Summer sales

"The fateful moment of CLOTHING SALE is coming!" ---Anna Dello Russo.

So true. It is taking everything in my power to resist some of them, especially Helmut Lang @ Net-a-Porter, Alexander Wang's and Acne's. The Admire wedge boots I've loved from the first time I saw them are now 50% off, and I am seriously considering taking the plunge. I don't care that they're 2 seasons old. To give you an idea how much I'm considering these bad boys, I am willing to pass up paying a visit to my boy Wang in NY. Correction- I'll still visit, I just won't get anything.

Here are her 10 rules for making excellent purchases, directly copied & pasted from her blog (hence the different font).



1. Only MASTERPIECES!

2. Not buy USELESS stuff.
They are like the exotic SOUVENIRS,
that when you return from the trip,
encumber and ruin
the aesthetics of the house.

3. Point your FAV PIECE
like your BIG LOVE.
Stay posted to the window,
follow the customers' movements,
wait the first day of sales.

4. Buy only COLLECTOR'S ITEMS
out of the ordinary:
otherwise you will get the nth black coat!

5. Don't go RANDOMLY,
you'll spend more energy and money.

6. Take your WISH-list MAP.

7. Give yourself a BUDGET
and follow your WISH-list priorities.

8. Don't get DUPED by sales:
They are like the beautiful mermaids
of PIRATES of the CARIBBEAN 4
that first seduce you and then drag you
to the bottom of the sea.

9. Buy only DESIGNER'S clothes.
Why? high-quality is guaranteed.

10. Not fly commercial!
Take the chance to go in the FORBIDDEN
stores and satisfies all your WHIMS!"
Anna  

Though it's a bit difficult taking her advice seriously because of the insane amount of stuff this woman has, I completely agree. It's too easy to buy items you never use, just because they're at a good price. Trust me, I know. Don't let yourself get dragged to the bottom of the sea by some stupid-ass purchase(s).

Speaking of unused stuff, stay tuned for new posts on my sale blog. I'll be putting stuff up really soon now that I'm on summer break :)

No comments:

Post a Comment