20 September 2011

Project Runway Ssn 9 Ep7 and 8 favorites: Olivier Green and Viktor Luna

Image via The Cut.

I don't care what my boyfriend says, I love this jacket! Would look amazing with a black pencil skirt and some black suede high-heeled pumps. I could also see it with black skinny jeans and leather knee-high boots.

Image via The Cut.

Not at all my style but it looked really good on her and was really well made. Josh M did not deserve the win. It was tame for him, and cute.. but also incredibly boring. I just don't understand the judges sometimes. All he did was add a lace trim to a very basic dress and get his super-boring, conservative client to wear bright blue shoes. Viktor, on the other hand, designed his before he even met the girl, and it suited her perfectly. My only complaint- the styling. The shoes were fine I suppose..not really sure what would've gone better with this outfit, perhaps some burgundy pumps.. but the sunglasses, necklace, and matchy-matchy clutch were too much. I liked the clutch, just not with the skirt. 

2 comments:

  1. Because if the weird fit those patterned pants manage to make, what I'm sure is a very slender girl, look misshapen and dumpy. Bad pants. Bad.

    Secondly, while I quite like the idea here (colors and feminine shapes), the execution is missing something. It fits really awkwardly around her midsection, especially in the back. Look at that wrinkled/bunched fabric...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olivier makes good pants, it's just that he took SO long on the jacket, he only had like 2 hours to do these.

    I agree, it does look off. He might have made each piece separately, according to her measurements, not taking into account the extra cm she could've used for tucking in a blouse.

    ReplyDelete