07 September 2012




earrings: Language
short sleeve tee: Splendid
stretch mini skirt: H&M
engagement ring and wedding band: Kate Szabone (both custom made, made to my specifications)
gold ring: (very old- was my grandma's)

When I have absolutely nowhere to be (which is most of the time), you will find me in comfortable basics. I try not to be too much of a bum, in case there's a fire and I have to run outside.

I've been wearing is ring combo for about a week or two now, and really liking how it looks when my engagement ring and wedding band are spaced apart like that. The experiment came about after seeing these Backstage rings on Ivania's blog.

I don't think I can thank James enough for leaving the engagement ring and design decisions up to me. I remember how frustrated I was at the time... didn't think it was very romantic... but now I realize how right he was. It's even more satisfying knowing that I had a huge hand in the design, and romantic that he gave me that opportunity.. versus him risking choosing one I didn't like, or taking the advice of someone who doesn't even know me + just wants to sell an expensive ring for commission. Designing the wedding band was easy- it's the same thing, just without the setting and diamond. Many thanks to Kate for her patience and sweetness in dealing with my pickiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment