15 October 2012

Just in: Shoe Edition




River Island wedge sneakers
Alexander Wang Stella suede sandals

Got the River Island sneakers from ASOS, at 22% off, during their ASOS Collection sale. Then the PF2011 Stella sandals from The Outnet, for an additional 20% off the already 55% off. I ordered them about a week and a half ago, received them last Wednesday, only to get the "Friends and Family" promo email the very next day. So I called The Outnet customer care. I was not able to get the 20% back on my credit card but in the form of a store credit. I'll admit I was a little disappointed that I couldn't just get my money back, but hey, it's The Outnet. You KNOW I'll find something good to spend it on :)

Those sneakers were perfect for my wedding reception this weekend. It was outdoors, at a church friend's estate in rural Pennsylvania. Omg this place was beautiful. Check back in coming days for a series of entries on my trip, which I am still on. I probably looked severely out of place in my all-black jersey and leather ensemble but I felt great. It's basically this look, same dress in black, but with the above sneakers and extra stuff for style and warmth. Best of all I was able to fool everyone into thinking I was 3.15" taller than I actually am. Heh heh~

I'm so excited to have a pair of nude heels that suit me well and aren't Kim Kardashian or Kate Middleton-like. Tried on all kinds, with no success. I have accepted that the simple nude pump is not for me. But leave it to my boy Alex to design shoes that aren't only interesting with their multiple straps, buckles, and sculpted heel, but also comfortable and well made. The cushioned insole is heavily padded and the straps feel nice 'n' sturdy. Can't wait to wear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment