15 November 2012

Just in.




Marsell boots


My latest eBay score, made possible by the beautiful Gracia of The Rosenrot. Not sure why but I never would have thought to search eBay for Marsell.

Fell in love with their boots a few months back when putting together a fall-winter boots wish list for a post that I never ended up publishing. These are quite similar to their Pope boots, but even better. How pretty is that textured leather? It's kinda glittery looking up close and the front and back ends have a shiny glaze. 

I'm still in shock over how little I paid for these. Have you seen how much they go for at Barneys, SSENSE, and farfetch? Holy smokes, way too rich for my blood. I thought for sure sure there would be a bidding war but I was only and winning bidder. And wow, I saw on the postage stamp that the seller paid $19.45 in shipping, just about double what I paid. An amazing deal and such a good seller. They arrived in two days in great preowned condition, along with their dust bag for safe keeping. 

PS- Lacing up a pair of Marsells is the most irritating task you will ever take on. I was trying to even out the laces of one boot. Tugged here and there, could not understand why nothing was helping, eventually making the big mistake of undoing them altogether. I laced them back up, realizing something wasn't right- they looked too normal! They're meant to have that chaotic, effortless look. Took 3-4 tries to realize that the key is how you start, and I'm telling you it is weird! 20 minutes later, I finally successfully replicated the effect using the other boot as my guide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment