20 October 2013

Duck & Waffle






If I lived in London I'd be here all the time. Great view, atmosphere, food, drinks, service, and the prices are not bad for the quality. What more could you ask for? 

I was most pleasantly surprised  by how laid back this place is. The main reason Pia and I went was to check out the view and get a drink, half expecting to be denied entry due to our casual attire. So when the hot, well-dressed doorman let us up, I was like woahhh. We certainly weren't expecting to get a table without a reservation, but we did, which was amazing considering how busy they were. We figured it didn't hurt to ask for a table, and would have completely understood if there had been no availability. The hostesses and server were all very kind. I often get a bit intimidated in social settings but the clientele wasn't hoity-toity at all, just a bunch of cool people enjoying themselves. Everything about this experience was positive. 

A million thanks to the staff for accommodating us, and to Pia for everything - for joining me and showing me around. After the load of crap I experienced this morning, I really needed a nice end to the day and this was perfect.

* * *

Duck & Waffle 
Heron Tower, Floor 40
110 Bishopsgate, London EC2N 4AY

No comments:

Post a Comment