24 August 2014

Wore to the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center 10th Anniversary Gala, at which Polish president Lech Walesa and late South African president Nelson Mandela were awarded the International Freedom Conductor Award for their bravery and life's devotion to combatting communist and apartheid oppression in their respective nations. It was such an honor attending this event which, by the way, was emceed by actress/all-around superwoman (and friend ^^) Alfre Woodard.



RICK OWENS LILIES top
LOVE CULTURE skirt
RICK OWENS wedges


Yes, you read that correctly... I done did paired a cheapo Love Culture skirt with Rick Owens! Heheh. I loved wearing this outfit. I wanted to dress in a way that showed respect to the event, but not look overdone and most importantly be comfortable throughout the night. I tend to feel a bit socially anxious when attending these sort of events, and feeling uncomfortable in what I am wearing is the last thing I want to be thinking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment